HI 300 unit 5
In 125 words answer the following question:
- What kinds of natural imbalances might affect your region? What makes your region particularly vulnerable to these imbalances?
- Provide a specific example of a weather incident/natural disaster that occurred in your area in the past and discuss how the incident was handled by local residents and town/state officials.
- What can people in your area do to prepare for a similar incident? (Consider what can be done prior to, during, and after the disaster. Be sure to include specific details using information from the CDC and/or FEMA.)
- Compare your area to that of a classmate. What environmental features do you have in common to produce similar natural disasters OR what features vary, leading to completely different disasters? Would rescue efforts differ as well?
- What predictions are being made for how climate change will impact either the frequency or intensity of future natural disasters in your area? (Hint: Refer to the extreme weather and hurricane resources provided above to find information to support your ideas.)
Please click here to review the Discussion Guidelines.