What are the rules and regulations that pertain to the health care organizations
Write 400 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
For this assignment, you will review the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) policies and regulations. HIPAA is a series of government regulations defining private, confidential medical information. These regulations dictate who can use and transmit medical information. The clinic policy states that you are required to explain the HIPAA policy to the patient, obtain his or her signature after you answer any questions, and give a copy of the document to the patient.
Use this site http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/index.html , which contains valuable information regarding the HIPAA rules and regulations.
After reviewing the documents, discuss the following:
- What are the rules and regulations that pertain to the health care organizations?
- Should there be mandatory training on HIPAA rules and regulations and a competency test? Why, or why not?
In this assignment, you will develop a training manual that will be utilized for training new employees (certified medical administrative assistants [CMAAs]) who join the clinic. 8 pages; APA format
Physicians are hiring more CMAAs to help manage the increasing complexities of patient care and practice management, while also helping to implement cost-effectiveness and efficiency. The responsibilities of a CMAA can be tailored to the needs of the practice. You will manage front-office functions, manage patient flow, and handle a wide range of tasks that have been discussed in the past few weeks. As a CMAA, you may convey clinical information on behalf of the physician and follow clinical protocol when speaking with patients, but you cannot exercise independent medical judgments. You will also help to optimize patient flow, enabling the physician to see more patients with efficiency, all while following your State’s scope of practice and working under the supervision of a licensed physician.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Training Manual
- Title page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Your name
- The training manual should include the following topics:
- An introduction to the health care system
- The organization’s structure
- The process of checking patients in and out
- Scheduling patients
- Various community and patient resources
- Processes for how to interact with patients
- Health insurance plans
- Financial procedures related to the policies of the organization
- Clean claims
- Financial procedures related to the organization’s cash flow
- Billing policy and procedures
- Protecting patients’ privacy
- Accounting and bookkeeping procedures and processes
- Office procedures for various forms of documentation (release of information, electronic health record)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations
- HIPAA forms
- Advance directives
- Medical record responsibilities
- Obtaining patient demographics and insurance information
- Receive, triage, and route phone calls
- Review records for medical necessity
- Release of information guidelines
- Title page
Order a similar essay written from scratch and to your exact specifications