Please read the attached case and answer the following questions. Your response should be approximately 2 – 3 pages in length (using 12-point font, double-spacing, and one-inch margins) and submitted as a Microsoft Word attachment. A well-written response will incorporate course concepts and include appropriate reasons, evidence, and/or examples as support for your position.
- What types of work behaviors did AIG intend to encourage through its retention bonus plan?
- Which needs seem to be important to the employees of AIG’s Financial Products unit?
- Which motivation theory do you think has the most relevance for understanding the responses of the Financial Product employees to the implementation and unraveling of the retention bonus plan? Explain the reasoning behind your answer.
- The amount of compensation earned by executives–as well as by professional athletes and famous actors/actresses and musicians–often sparks emotionally charged debate. Do you believe the $1 million plus retention bonuses received by seventy-three employees of AIG’s Financial Products was excessive? Why or why not?
- What would you have done if you were one of the seventy-three Financial Products employees who received a retention bonus of $1 million or more? Explain the reasoning behind your answer.