sentinel events hat frequently occur in healthcare organizations
Submit a paper that identifies and examines two distinct types of sentinel events that frequently occur in healthcare organizations. The error types that you select must be significantly different; for example, patient suicide and wrong-site surgery.
In writing this paper, you should consider and address (as necessary) the following:
1. What system factors influence organizational performance? Submit a paper that identifies and examines two distinct types of sentinel events that frequently occur in healthcare organizations.
2. How do accreditation standards or government regulations guide performance and process design?
3. What is the role of the quality or risk manager in addressing the issues?
4. What processes and techniques can be used to investigate, prevent, and control these types of events now and in the future?
5. What measures can be used to assess the performance of the organization and the risk management plan in this area as it relates to patient safety?
6. What impact could these events have on organizational performance, compliance, and accreditation?
Your paper should be well-written and meet the following requirements:
• 8-10 pages in length.
• Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
• Include at least six references from the peer-reviewed articles. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find peer-reviewed articles.