The Influence of Culture and Genetics on Health
||Family, Individual, and Group Assessment and Interventions
Course Media:Family, Community and Population-Based Care
- “The Influence of the Family and Culture on Health” featuring Ms. Joan Marren, Dr. Rachel Smith, and Ms. Christina Lee
Course Text:Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community
- Chapter 27, “Family Development and Family Nursing Assessment”
- Chapter 28, “Family Health Risks”
- Chapter 29, “Child and Adolescent Health”
- Benzein, E. G., Hagberg, M., & Saveman, B. (2008). ‘Being appropriately unusual’: A challenge for nurses in health-promoting conversations with families.Nursing Inquiry, 15(2), 106–1 15.
- Stewart, L., Chapple, J., Hughes, A. R., Poustie, V., & Reilly, J. J. (2008). The use of behavioral change techniques in the treatment of pediatric obesity: qualitative evaluation of parental perspectives on treatment.Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, 21(5), 464–473.
Optional Resources are listed in the Week 5 Learning Resources area.
|The Influence of Culture and Genetics on Health
Answer the following questions:
- How might the family’s culture and genetic history influence your communication and approach in addressing their health risks?
- How would you build trust with the family before and during the visit?
Support your response with references from the professional nursing literature.
Post your response to this Discussion byDay 3. Respond to at leasttwocolleagues’ postings byDay 7. See the Week 5 Discussion area for details.
Due byDay 7. See the Week 4 Application area for complete instructions.
|Virtual Practicum Team
|Practicum Activities: Create Evidenced-Based, Culturally Appropriate Interventions
This week your instructor wants you to access and appraise culturally-sensitive, research-based interventions to prevent, improve, and bring comfort to your population group. Community health nurses are critical thinkers informed of all important research finding. Critical thinking is key. Please read about evidenced-based research in your textbook.
Please respond the following:
- In week 3 and 4, you identified strategies/interventions related to a population group’s heath problem, and categorized them according to the levels and prevention and intervention. Describe whether those interventions are ” evidenced based.” Why or why not?
- Share at least two strategies/prevention related to your population and it’s health problem that you feel confident are evidenced-based. Why do you think that? Think in terms of research outcomes.
- Identify one evidenced-based behavior change technique to promote or manage illness among your population group.
Post your response to this Discussion by Day 5. Respond to at least two colleagues’ postings by Day 7. See the Week 5 Practicum Discussion area for details.
ORDER A SIMILAR ESSAY WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH at : https://www.topgradehub.com/