Strategies for Resolving Conflict essay
||Translating Strategic Vision Into Action: Communication Skills
Course Media:Leadership Competencies in Nursing and Healthcare
- “Communication, Teamwork, and Managing Conflict,” featuring Kevin F. Smith, Dr. Leslie Mancuso, Dr. Don Arthur, Dr. Louis Rubino, Maria Manna, and Dr. Cecelia K. Wooden
Course Text:Effective Leadership and Management in Nursing(8th ed.)
- Chapter 8, “Thinking Critically, Making Decisions, Solving Problems”
- Chapter 9, “Communicating Effectively”
- Chapter 11, “Building and Managing Teams”
- Chapter 12, “Handling Conflict”
- Baldwin, D., & Daugherty, S. (2008). Interprofessional conflict and medical errors: Results of a national multi-specialty survey of hospital residents in the US.Journal of Interprofessional Care, 22, 573–586.
- Michaels, C. L. (2002). Circle communication: An old form of communication useful for 21st century leadership.Nursing Administration Quarterly,26(5), 1–10.
- Shirley, M. R. (2006). Authentic leaders creating healthy work environments for nursing practice.American Journal of Critical Care,15(3), 256-268.
- Institute of Medicine Shaping the Future for Health (2000).Crossing the quality chasm: A new health system for the 21st century. Retrieved fromhttp://www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Report%20Files/2001/Crossing-the-Quality-Chasm/Quality%20Chasm%202001%20%20report%20brief.ashx
Optional Resources are listed in the Week 3 Learning Resources.
||Strategies for Resolving Conflict
Based on the case study, respond to the following:
- What conflict resolution strategies should Lydia utilize first?
- Which techniques for effective communication would be the most practical, as well as the most beneficial? Why?
Support your response with references from the professional nursing literature.
Post your response byDay 3of this week. Respond byDay 7to at leasttwocolleagues’ postings. See the Week 3 Discussion area for details.
||Organizational and Change Theory Paper dueby Day 7. See the Week 2 Application area for complete instructions.
|Practicum Activities:Collaborative and Communication Strategies
This week your instructor has assigned you to seek input on the possible change from stakeholders, attend a multidisciplinary team meeting, and interview a leader from another clinical discipline.
Part I: Observation
Attend a multidisciplinary team meeting. Observe the communication skills used by the team leader and the group process. Consider the following questions as you observe the meeting:
- Who served as the team leader? What leadership style did you observe?
- How well did the team work together?
- Was there group conflict? If so, how was it resolved?
- Were there any outcomes from the group meeting?
- Did you see evidence-based care or decisions during your observation?
How was nursing involved in the multidisciplinary group?
Part II: Interview
Interview a leader at least one level above your current or immediate past position from another clinical discipline (pharmacy, respiratory, case management, social work, medicine—not nursing). Ask the following questions:
- How would you describe your leadership style?
- What communication skills do you use?
- What conflicts have you had to manage in the last 3 months?
- What techniques and strategies do you use to work together to promote multidisciplinary teamwork?
|Please address the following:
- Identify ways in which you collaborated with other professionals regarding your activities
- Think about the stakeholders impacted by the change. How can the change theory you have chosen influence the success of a change project?
- How can the multidisciplinary team of leaders impact the change project?
- What is the best way to communicate the change within the agency?
Post your response to this Discussion byDay 5. Respond to at leasttwocolleagues’ postings byDay 7
ORDER A SIMILAR ESSAY WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH at : https://www.topgradehub.com/