Assignment overview and directions:
You are writing this essay to show me that you understand each step of the strategic planning process that was discussed in our reading material. This is also referred to as the strategy change cycle. The steps are as follows:
1) Initiate and agree on a strategic planning process
2) Identify organizational mandates
3) Clarify organizational mission and values
4) Assess the external and internal environments to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
5) Identify the strategic issues facing the organization
6) Formulate strategies to manage the issues
7) Review and adopt the strategies or strategic plan
8) Establish an effective organizational vision
9) Develop an effective implementation process
10) Reassess the strategies and the strategic planning process
Each of these steps should be discussed in about one page in length. For each of the steps listed above you should discuss the most important aspects for each step that you should understand as someone that would implement a strategic plan for an organization. You should also tell me what you found most interesting about each step. Tell me about key terms that you found interesting in each step. The key terms are in italics in our reading material. You should generally provide an overview of each step and what you have learned about each of these.
This should be the format of your Paper:
1)Introduction of your paper should discuss a brief overview of what the strategic change cycle is and what you will discuss in your paper
2)Second paragraph/page should discuss step #1.
3)Third paragraph/page should discuss step #2.
4)You should then follow this format and discuss steps #3-#10 in separate paragraphs/pages.