Stage II Breast Cancer
Scenario: A 40-year-old woman was recently diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer and had a right side mastectomy this morning and is grieving the loss of her femininity. She has a 13-year-old daughter who becomes over-involved in her school activities and wants to get all A’s on her next report card, a 12-year-old son who refuses to talk about his mother’s condition and a husband who starts attending daily religious offerings.
Create a discussion post using the information in the scenario and the information that was read in the assignments, apply it to the scenario, and identify:
- Name and explain which defense mechanism each of the four (4) family members using to deal with the stress the family is facing?
- Include information about each family member’s stage of growth and development when formulating your responses: How does the RN determine if the defense mechanisms are helpful or harmful.
- Using nursing judgment develop a 3 part nursing diagnosis statement for each family member which includes one NANDA-I diagnosis, an etiology and the defining characteristics (nursing diagnosis + related to + as evidence by).
- Identify the data cluster (grouping of significant data that points to the existence of a patient health problem) used to select the nursing diagnosis.
- One (1) assessment to validate each the nursing diagnosis
- One (1) outcome statement for each (realistic, measurable and contains a time frame).
- Suggest four (4) active, single and discreet interventions, one (1) for each family member, to aid in their adaptation to the situation. Provide an evidence-based rationale to support each intervention.
- Identify how you would communicate this information to the health care team to coordinate care.
APA style , no more than a page just the basic information, and 2 references within 5 yrs old ..