Public Agency HRM Audit Custom Paper
Public Agency HRM Audit
The Public Agency I have selected for this project is Defense Logistics Agency Land and Maritime in Columbus, OH,
Public Agency HRM Audit
For this project, you will conduct a comprehensive audit of the human resources management (HRM) program of a
public agency. This project will give you the opportunity to apply what you have learned about the nexus between
leadership and HRM in public administration by demonstrating how you would critique the effectiveness of an actual
public agency’s human resources (HR) program.
To demonstrate the competencies of this project, your audit will include:
- An overview of the agency.
- An audit of the key human resources functions it performs (including training and development, and recruitment
and retention strategies utilized).
- A SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis of the overall program that includes an
assessment of its compensation and benefits program.
- A literature review that supports your conclusions with academic references.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
1.Analyze the skills unique to workers in a given public sector workplace with attention to the effect of process
flows on worker requirements and expectations.
2.Describe methods of employee recruitment and retention used by a given public sector workplace.
3.Use current theoretical bases and best practices to formulate recommendations for human resources management in
a given public sector workplace.
4.Develop leadership strategies, to include performance evaluation, coaching, and communications for a diverse
public sector workforce.
5.Communicate the integration of theory, policy, and leadership practice through clear, well-supported prose.
6.Demonstrate an academic writing style with no significant errors in application of APA style and formatting.
Toggle Drawer Project Requirements
To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements.
Your Public Agency HRM Audit paper should be 15–18 double-spaced pages long. The literature review and the SWOT
analysis sections should each be at least five pages long, although the SWOT analysis section may be the longer of
the two. Organize your paper as follows:
- Executive summary (1 page).
- Agency description (1 page).
- Literature review section that reviews leadership and strategic HR theories and their application to public
administration (at least 5 pages).
- SWOT analysis that incorporates, but is not limited to, the information you gathered in Units 3, 6, and 7. This
analysis should include an assessment of the following areas:
?Training and development activities.
?Compensation and benefits program.
?Recruitment and retention.
?Workforce diversity initiatives.
?Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of the HR program as currently structured.
- Conclusion and Recommendations (2 pages).
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.