Pick two (2) similar federal policies that were discussed over a span of two (2) different administrations. For example, President Clinton’s and Obama’s healthcare policies or President’s George H.W. Bush’s and George W. Bush’s foreign policy.
Write a 3-4 page paper in which you
1. Discuss the historical perspective of the time when each policy was discussed or implemented. Indicate the context or the problem of the day and the urgency for the policy.
2. Analyze the social, economic, and political environments for the times the policies were discussed or implemented.
3. Critique each policy for its effectiveness of the time.
4. Use four to five (45) credible and reputable sources to support your points.
Your assignment must
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are
• Analyze how historical trends and conditions have affected social, political, and management theories, and how they have influenced the evolution of public administration in theory and practice.
• Interpret what public policy is and how it is created.
• Explain how environmental factors (structural, political, economic, demographic) influence the development of public policy.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues and in politics, policy, and ethics in the public sector.
• Write clearly and concisely about policy for issues in politics, policy, and ethics in the public sector using proper writing mechanics.