Promotion Management & Swot Analysis
Here is the brief overview of this cumulative Session Long Project (SLP). In this research project, you would work as a marketing consultant to develop a feasible marketing plan for your client. You would conduct both secondary research in SLP1 and SLP2 to glean the necessary information for your marketing plan in SLP3 and SLP4.
It is important to conduct quality market research on your focal product/company in order to develop realistic and workable marketing plans. Generally speaking, there are two types of research. One is secondary research, which refers to data collection using existing sources, and the other is primary research, which is your own data collection for the specific study at hand. The purpose of market research is to collect usable information to make more informed decisions on the business problem, thus increasing the chance of business success in the marketplace.
Please check the outline of the marketing plan, which provides information on:
- The final format for this cumulative session long project;
- A list of topics for the whole project;
- The continuity and connections among SLPs 1-4.
The following categories of internal factors are commonly used to generate a list of specific company strengths and weaknesses. This list is to be used to stimulate your thinking about internal strengths and weaknesses.
- Management leadership/capabilities.
- Organization structure and management systems.
- Facilities, equipment, and materials.
- Technical skills and expertise.
- Dedication, morale, and motivation of employees.
- Capacity to meet demand—production capacity, including excess available for growing demand.
- Marketing effectiveness/efficiency—advertising, personal selling, public relations, products/services, prices, distribution, marketing research and planning, customer service, warranties, sales support, sales promotion, etc.
- Ability to deliver what the market wants.
- Ability to deliver in a timely manner.