Assignment 3: Writing and Pronunciation
you will write 3 reports and use them as your script for your Week 2 Oral Report. Your writing section for this assignment will include 2 paragraphs for each of these:
- The Department of Orthopedics (Musculoskeletal System)
- The Department of Pulmonology (Respiratory System)
- The Department of Gastroenterology (Digestive System)
In order to earn the maximum credit for the written report you need to incorporate at least 10 medical terms for each department, using them in a manner that demonstrates your knowledge of their meaning.
- Include the major or most common diseases or conditions seen in each department.
- Include at least three of the principal procedures that are relevant to each department.
- Highlight pertinent laboratory and radiological diagnostic services relevant to each department.
- Limit your analysis of each department to two paragraphs.
For your oral report for this week, you will read aloud your Written Sections for the Final Project. You can use the built-in recording software on your own computer, or you can use the suggested Audacity Recording Software available for free download and use for PC and Mac computers.
place the report as a Microsoft Word file in the W2: Assignment 3 Dropbox.Name your document Lastname_W2_A3_report.doc.
place your recorded Oral Report file (.aup, .mp3, .mp4) in the W2: Assignment 3 Dropbox. (A symbol from Turnitin.com that says ‘Invalid File’ can be ignored because Turnitin.com does not support or recognize audiofiles).
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|For each of the three Body Systems mentioned, you correctly used 10 terms naming diseases or conditions and included 3 procedures and 3 tests reasonably used in that department.||30|
|Provided adequate justification and evidence that supports statement made by using appropriate examples and references from texts, Web sites, and other references.||10|
|Used clear and understandable language using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.||10|
|Pronounced each medical term correctly—1 point per term.||20|
|Uses pauses and emphases to communicate meaning.||5|
|Reading of the report demonstrates comprehension of topic.||15|