For Discussion this week, locate on the internet an example of a professional PowerPoint presentation discussing the career field that you are interested in entering. Then write a critique of the presentation incorporating the items below. Be sure to support your responses with appropriate sources as well as your own personal opinion.
Do not base your post on a presentation that has already been reviewed by one of your classmates in an earlier post.
Include the following in your 350 word critique, written in paragraph format (no title page is required):
- Name the topic and intended audience.
- Critique the design and its visual appeal. What appeals to you as a viewer? Why?
- In your opinion, does the presentation fully explain the author’s intended message?
- Does the presentation display correct grammar and punctuation aligned with the conventions of Standard American English?
- Provide APA citations following APA guidelines for all sources, including the presentation you critique, so that others may review it.
The viewpoint and purpose of this discussion should be clearly established and sustained. Your response should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful. Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics. Use the APA guidelines for all citations. More details can be found in the GEL-1.1 Universal Writing Rubric found in Doc Sharing.