Leadership Style What Do People Do When They Are Leading
Choose one (1) of the following CEOs for this assignment: Larry Page (Google), Tony Hsieh (Zappos),
Gary Kelly (Southwest Airlines), Meg Whitman (Hewlett Packard), Ursula Burns (Xerox), Terri Kelly (W.L.
Gore), Ellen Kullman (DuPont), or Bob McDonald (Procter & Gamble). Use the Internet to investigate the
leadership style and effectiveness of the selected CEO.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Provide a brief (one  paragraph) background of the CEO.
2. Analyze the CEO’s leadership style and philosophy, and how the CEO’s leadership style aligns
with the culture.
3. Examine the CEO’s personal and organizational values.
4. Evaluate how the values of the CEO are likely to influence ethical behavior within the
5. Determine the CEO’s three (3) greatest strengths and three (3) greatest weaknesses.
6. Select the quality that you believe contributes most to this leader’s success. Support your
7. Assess how communication and collaboration, and power and politics influence group (i.e., the
8. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other
Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.