Journal Article Review: library.chamberlain.edu
Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment Custom Essay
Guidelines and Grading Rubric
The student will read an assigned nursing article and write a critique related to a selected topic.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO #3: Utilize effective communication when performing a health assessment. (PO #3)
CO #5: Explore the professional responsibilities involved in conducting a comprehensive health assessment and providing appropriate documentation. (PO #6)
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points.
The completed Journal Article Review file is to be submitted to the Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 2. Post questions to the weekly Q & A Forum. Contact your instructor if you need additional assistance. See the Course Policies regarding late assignments. Failure to submit your paper to the Dropbox on time may result in a deduction of points.
- Download the following article from the Chamberlain library. Go to the library home page at http://library.chamberlain.edu/ and click on Research Help to locate a tutorial on how find an assigned article. The APA formatted reference is below:
Lloyd, H., & Craig. S. (2007). A guide to taking a patient’s history. Nursing Standard, 22(13), 42-48.
The elements of the reference are:
Authors: Lloyd, H., & Craig, S.
Title: A guide to taking a patient’s history, Clinical skills: 28
Journal: Nursing Standard, volume 22, issue 13, pages 42-48
- Read the article carefully and take notes. Highlight important points in the article that are helpful to you and other students.
- Use Microsoft Word 2007 (or later) to type the paper.
- The length of the paper is to be no longer than four (4) pages excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages will not be read and will not count toward your grade.
- APA format is required. Include a title page and a reference page. The body of the paper should have four sections with these headings:
- Summary of the Article
- Evaluation of the Article
- Use scholarly writing including correct English grammar, syntax and sentence structure.
- Submit the paper to the Journal Article Review basket in the Drop Box by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, at the end of Week 2. Please post questions about this assignment to the weekly Q&A Forums so the entire class may view the answers.
Category Points % Description
Introduction 2 2 The Introduction is the first part of the body of the paper. It should be one paragraph that include:
- Author(s) full name,
- Article title
- Journal name
- Date of publication
Summary of the article 38 38 The Summary is the second part of the body of the paper. It should include:
- Focus of the article
- Health assessment procedure and rationales discussed
- Health assessment tools and/or strategies discussed
Evaluation of the Article 30 30 Evaluate the article. Include a full one- to-two page critique that answers all of the following questions:
- What was done well and what could have been improved in the article?
- Did this article interest you? If so, explain why. If not, explain this reaction.
- Was the health assessment strategy beneficial? Could you adopt it in your practice?
- Was the health assessment strategy explained clearly?
- Should more research articles be written about this area of health assessment?
- What population or individuals would benefit the most from information reported in this article?
Conclusion 10 10 Identify the main ideas and major support points from the body of your report. Omit minor details. Summarize the benefits of proper assessment for the patient.
Scholarly writing 15 15 Use standard English grammar and sentence structure. Make no spelling or typographical errors. Organize the paper according to the required components including the use of appropriate headers.
APA format 5 5 Follow APA formatting according to the 6th edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Include a Title page and References page. Follow the APA rules for margins, font type, font size, etc. Create an in-text for all information mentioned that appears in another source, even if you summarize the information. The References list should include all sources mentioned in in-text citations. Likewise, your References should only list sources that are cited in the body of the paper.
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.