Finding the Leader in You Self-Assessment Johari Window
The Johari Window emphasizes that we may not be aware of everything that there is to know about
ourselves. Others may know things about us that we just cannot see or are unwilling to admit. One way to
improve our personal relationships is to increase what we know about ourselves and what others know
The following two (2) behaviors are key to improving personal and professional relationships:
• Openness to Feedback – we have to recognize that others see things in us that we may not be
aware of and accept information they provide.
• Willingness to Disclose – we have to trust others enough to share personal information with them.
Grasping the realities of organizational behavior begins with an understanding one’s own personality and
behavioral tendencies. Assignment 1 is designed to address issues of personal understanding, planning,
and professional development. By analyzing your own assessment, you will understand how
intuitiveness, culture, diversity, and leadership style influence decision making. Reference the scores of
the assessments that you completed for homework in Week 1 as you complete this assignment.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Develop a profile of your personality characteristics and assessment results.
2. Summarize the results of the assessments you completed for homework in Week 1.
3. Analyze how attributes / scores speak to your relationships and career choice.
4. Submit the completed Self-Assessment Score Sheet as an appendix in Assignment 1.
5. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other
Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.