As a member of your local economic development council, you have been asked to provide a presentation concerning Brazil. Normally this would be an abnormal request, but the community is planning to discuss the building of a plant to be owned by a Brazilian company. Therefore, your fellow council members are requesting background information regarding the Brazilian economy as a foundation to begin these discussions.
After you have read the above articles, and sourcing an additional minimum of three (3) external scholarly resources, develop a PowerPoint that responds to and addresses the following questions:
- Explain the relationship between Brazil’s free trade and its strategy to increase tariffs.
- What is Brazil’s position with regards to free trade?
- Why did Brazil’s government increase tariffs?
- Are the increases in tariffs justified?
- How will increasing tariffs, impact Brazil’s relationship with China?
- What is Brazil and China’s trading relationship?
- How will increasing tariffs benefit Brazil’s economy?
- The U.S. has lost its manufacturing; consequently, many Americans have lost many manufacturing jobs to foreign countries. Should the U.S. enter into some form of “Protectionism” to protect American jobs?
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as “speaker notes” for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with at least three (3) scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 100-150 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.