Integration of Technology
Discussion Thread 2—Integration of Technology
Technology has changed the way we conduct business on a daily basis. A number of organizations have opted for integrating systems and sharing information with their counterparts.
Then respond to the following:
- As a manager, if you have to design an IT system for supply chain purposes using a cross-functional team, who would you include on your team and why?
- Explain some of the trade-offs you would consider when designing/acquiring the system. Be specific and support your reasoning with examples.
- What trade-offs are involved in (a) sharing information with other organizations in a supply chain and (b) the acquisition of information-processing technology?
- Who needs to be involved in decisions as they pertain to technology acquisition for supply chain management?
- Name three different ways that technology has improved the ability to manage supply chains.
- Explain why integrated technology has improved the ability to manage supply chains.