- Identify the primary ways in which the outsourcing function impacts supply chain management (SCM).
- Find at least one business example of outsourcing. Explain the risks and benefits.
- There has been in a push in many communities to source locally. Identify the risks and benefits of sourcing globally versus locally.
- Explain the differences between sourcing manufactured products versus services. Identify some key challenges that would occur in defining services specifications versus manufacturing specifications.
- Explain logistics tasks involved in one service supply chain—for instance, a hospital or a restaurant. How different are these tasks versus those involved in a manufacturing supply chain?
- Consider an event you are familiar with, such as a baseball game, a rock concert, or delivering aid to an underdeveloped country in need. Identify the logistics tasks needed and their sequence in organizing this particular event.