Guidelines for final paper: Copy and paste the task list data table from spreadsheet 1 (Part1 label as “fat”) of your spreadsheet in exact location inside a new as the second spreadsheet so that the actual data would be placed between rows 2 and 253 of column B and C. I showed during Week 4 how to add a new spreadsheet to your excel spreadsheet. Then, follow the steps shown below to find the slope and intercept of the regression line and to create the graph of scatter plot and the regression line as required in Part 3.
Part 3, Slope—- 1. place the cursor inside an empty cell to right side of the data table in spreadsheet Part III.
2. Open “formula” tab at the top of the spreadsheet.
3. Open “more functions” tab at the top of the spreadsheet.
4. Open “statistical” tab from the menu that opens.
5. Select and open “SLOPE” tab from a vertical menu that opens.
6. Type in exactly “C2:C253” inside the top window labeled as “Known _ Y’s
7. Type in exactly “B2:B253” inside the lower window labeled as “Known _ X’s
8. Left click on “Open” tab of window
9. Move the cursor to a remote cell location ( a blank cell).
10. Finally move and place the cursor inside the original cell location for slope. You should be able to see the correct value for the slope of the regression line.
For Y- intercept of the regression line, follow the steps stated above by selecting “INTERCEPT” tab from the vertical menu, in Step 5 (above).
To find the correlation coefficient between body fat and body weight follow the 10 steps shown above including:
5. Select and open “CORREL” tab from a vertical menu that opens.
6. Type in exactly “C2:C253” inside the top window labeled as “Array 1”
7. Type in exactly “B2:B253” inside the lower window labeled as “Array 2”.
In order to find the graph in Part 3 (inside Spreadsheet III) follow these steps:
1. Place cursor in an empty area (below calculated regression and correlation).
2. Place the cursor in the cell location B2 (top cell of body fat) by holding down the left click of the mouse. Then drag and cover the entire data for columns B and C (B2 to B253 and C2 to C253) so that you can see shaded area inside this long window.
3. Open the Inset tab at top of the spreadsheet
4. Open the Scatter tab below the insert tab.
5. Select and open the top left window (with picture of scattered points).
6. You should be able to see the graph of scattered points open in large window.
7. Move the cursor to the rectangle at the top labeled as Chart Layouts.
8. Place the cursor on a small arrow on Chart Lay out looking downward. Open that arrow with left click of your mouse. Then select the square tab at the intersection of third row and third column (labeled as Layout 9. Press on left click to open that tab.
9. Select and open the small window on labeled as Layout 9 as explained above. This window shows graph of a small line along with some scattered points.
10. You should be able to see the graph the regression line inside the original graph passing through the scattered points.
11. Open the tab labeled as Axis Title under the horizontal axis
12. Delete the Axis Title by using backspace key and type in: Body Fat (%)
13. Open the tab labeled as Axis Title under the vertical axis
14. Delete the Axis Title by using backspace key and type in: Body Weight (lbs.)
15. Open the tab labeled as Chart Title at top of the graph
16. Delete the Chart Title by using backspace key and type in: Regression Line.