This final research paper must demonstrate the understanding of new learning in project management, and how it relates to cost and value management. This is an assignment with a length of six to eight pages that should integrate the reading, multimedia and class discussions. It is mandatory to have research from the classroom text, as well as at least three sources from the Internet or online library to support your views.
Consider the validity of your resources carefully before using them in academic papers. It is recommended to use examples from your professional experience where possible, or build from your learning in the discussion boards.
Focus of the Research Paper
Use at least one project you have been a team member of, or a project manager for, as an example to contextualize the research topics below:
All of the following topics must be addressed in order for the paper to be complete:
a) The importance of work packages to support the creation and use of the WBS.
b) How to establish a cost and schedule performance measurement baseline.
c) Provide examples of EVM and how it will help the PM understand project status.
d) How the PM uses project control charts to show project status and represent value.
e) Describe an effective change management process to ensure a successful project.
Writing the Research Paper
The Research Paper:
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
– Title of paper
– Student’s name
– Course name and number
– Instructor’s name
– Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least three outside sources from the Internet or online library.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.