FIN500 Week Two Homework Assignment
FIN500 Week Two Homework Assignment, Work should be done individually.Word-process your solutions within this template and show all steps used in arriving at the final answers. Incomplete solutions will receive partial credit. Copy and paste all necessary data and create tables as needed.
1. Suppose a company has $350,000 in current assets. The company’s current ratio is 1.25. Compute the company’s current liabilities.
2. What is the market price of a share of stock for a firm that pays dividends of $1.20 per share, has a price-earnings ratio (P/E) of 14, and a dividend payout ratio of 0.4?
3. A firm’s price to earnings ratio (P/E) is 8 and its market to book ratio is 2. If its earnings per share are $4.00, what is the book value per share?
4. Assume a company had a profit margin of 5.25%, a total assets turnover of 1.5, and an equity multiplier of 1.8. What was the firm’s ROE?
5. Suppose a company had sales last year of $415,000, and its year-end total assets were $355,000. The average firm in the industry has a total assets turnover ratio (TATO) of 2.4. Bonner’s new CFO believes the firm has excess assets that can be sold so as to bring the TATO down to the industry average without affecting sales. By how much must the assets be reduced to bring the TATO to the industry average, holding sales constant?