Epidemiological Case Study
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research a national (United States) or international (outside the United States) reportable disease. Locate charts and tables relating to the leading causes of death because of the disease.
Based on your research and understanding, create a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document, which includes the following:
- A brief description of the disease you selected for your research
- A brief summary of your research and findings
- A detailed description of the data in terms of person, place, and time
- A detailed description of the potential problems relating to the completeness and quality of data
- A description of how the potential problems can influence the way you use data to explain the patterns of variation in a population and the causes of changes in disease trends
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria|
|Identified a reportable disease of national (US) or international (outside of US) concern and provided a brief description of the disease.|
|Collated the relevant charts and tables referring to the leading causes of death due to the selected disease.|
|Explained concepts with the help of charts and tables related to the leading causes of death due to the disease.|
|Described in detail the data in terms of person, time and place.|
|Described the potential problems relating to the completeness and quality of data.|
|Described how the potential problems can influence the way you use data to explain various patterns and trends.|
|Provided a brief summary of the research and findings on the selected disease.|
cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.