(1) Is an employer liable for racial discrimination because she terminates a black male who refuses to abide by the “no-beard” rule? Why or why not?
(2) Is it a violation of wage and hour laws for an employer to hire his 13-year-old daughter to pick strawberries during the summer? Why or why not?
(3) Is an employer liable when a supervisor sexually harasses an employee, but the employer knew nothing of it? Why or why not?
(4) Can an employer be successfully sued for “reverse discrimination” by an employee who feels harmed by the employer’s affirmative action plan? Why or why not?
(5) Is an ex-employer liable for deflamation if he gives a negative recommendation about an ex-employee to a potential employer who inquires? Why or why not?