- MBA 5841-13F-2, Strategic Marketing
Unit III casen
Read the Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. Case Study on pages 172-191 in our textbook, and answer the questions below in essay format. Your response should be a minimum of 500 words total. You are required to use at least your textbook as source
material. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have
accompanying citations using APA format.
1. What is the offering concept? What does this mean for Dr. Pepper/7Up Inc.?
2. How would you characterize the competitive situation for Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. and Squirt in the U.S.
carbonated soft drink industry?
3. What are the possible new offering decisions for Squirt Brand?
4. Given your assessment of the competitive situation, what are the pros and cons of: (a) continuing Squirt’s present market targeting and positioning approach and (b) adopting the recommendations made by Foote, Cone & Belding?
5. Might another market targeting and positioning approach be developed? If so, what would this approach look like, and why would it be preferable?
6. Where does Squirt Brand get its brand equity from? Explain your answer.
7. Describe the branding strategy being used for Squirt Brand