Dispute settlement is the focus of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the way that the organization keeps the global economy stable.
1. What is the WTO, and what is its history?
2. What are the benefits of being a member of the WTO?
3. What are the disadvantages?
4. How does it settle disputes?
Choose a recent dispute between 2 countries and discuss it with your peers. Include the following:
1. Summary of what happened.
2. How it was resolved
3. Role played by the WTO
4. Do you agree with the resolution?
Objectives: Discuss current management practices and principles used in the current global business environment. Summarize the opportunities and risks of doing business in foreign countries. Compare alternative organizational structures for international operations. Discuss strategies organizations can pursue for international market expansion. Use effective communication and techniques.