Statistics/ Correlation & Regression
1. Since a correlation of +1 is considered perfect, a correlation of -1 is as imperfect as can be. (Points : 1)
2. The Spearman’s rho requires that the both sets of data be ranked. (Points : 1)
3. As sample size grows, the magnitude of the correlation required for significance increases. (Points : 1)
4. The criterion variable in regression is also called the dependent variable. (Points : 1)
5. Which of the following defines a linear relationship between variables? (Points : 1)
a . As one variable rises and falls, the other does likewise.
b. The relationship is positive or negative, but not both.
c. The relationship between variables depends upon the range of the data.
d. As one variable increases or decreases, the o
6. Any significant correlation will provide a better than chance prediction of y from x. (Points : 1)
7. The range of possible correlation values for the Pearson correlation is from _________. (Points : 1)
0 to 1.0
0 to 10.0
-.5 to +.5
-1.0 to +1.0
8. A negative correlation between the predictor and criterion variables will be reflected in __________. (Points : 1)
an increased error in the prediction
a non-linear relationship between x and y
a regression line that declines left to right
a solution that predicts unusually low values of y
9. If a variable coded 1 in a point-biserial correlation is changed to a coding of 0 what is the effect on the coefficient? (Points : 1)
The correlation will come out to rxy = 0.
The relationship will appear to be curvilinear.
The result will be an reduced range of correlation values.
The sign of the correlation will be reversed.
10. The correlation value, which is the equivalent of Pearson Correlation when there are multiple x variables, is _____________. (Points : 1)
the point-biserial correlation
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer throughout the order preparation period.