Select a workplace conflict that you are familiar with. The conflict may be from your own experience, a friend or colleague’s experience, a movie, the textbook, or another source.
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper that analyzes your selected conflict, and determine the most appropriate conflict management approach. Your paper must address each of the following:
- Provide a brief description of the conflict, including the setting and the parties involved.
- Identify the cause or causes of the conflict.
- Describe the consequences of the conflict, both to individuals and to the organization.
- Explain how prepared or unprepared the organization and/or individuals were to handle conflict.
- Identify two strategies from this course that might be applied to the conflict. Explain each strategy in detail and specifically how it should be carried out to reduce or eliminate the conflict.
- Describe the benefits—both to individuals and to the organization—of effectively managing the conflict.
Include at least two appropriate scholarly sources besides your textbook to support your approach to management of this particular conflict.
Adhere to APA style guidelines.