Complete the Emotional IQ test at http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_page/index.htm?idRegTest=3037. Save your results.
Then, based on your test results and Daft’s treatment of Emotional IQ in Chapter 5, prepare 6 to 8 PowerPoint slides in which you:
- Identify and justify four (4) areas of Emotional IQ a public leader should address in identifying their specific traits, behavior, and skill set.
- Using any type of leadership style (transformational, charismatic, authentic, etc.), discuss how Emotional IQ influences each of the following:
– Leadership communication
– Culture, values, morals, and courage
– Developing teams
– Motivation and empowerment
– Influence and power
- Develop a plan for how a public leader can overcome his/her weaknesses in Emotional IQ.
- Debate the pros and cons for how adaptability can affect a public leader’s leadership abilities with others.