COM 400 (Week 3) Individual Assignment / News Perspective
View a television newscast and an online newscast of your choice. Be sure to differentiate between news analysis-opinion- commentary programs and news programs, and write this paper about programs that purport to be objective presentations of the news, not commentary.
Write a 1,250- to 1,400-word paper that addresses the following:
· Does either newscast use a marketing perspective to attract audiences? If so, how? If not, why not?
· Are the sources used in the news stories appropriate or credible? Why or why not?
· Do any of the news stories in the broadcast appear to be biased? If so, how did you recognize the bias? If not, how did the story appear to avoid bias?
· Do any of the news stories include presentations of racial or gender stereotypes? If so, in what way?
· Do any of the news stories appear to be fabricated? Why or why not?· Do any of the stories appear to be incomplete or require more context for viewers to fully understand the meaning?
· If the newscast is biased in some way, what are your suggestions for making it more fair and balanced?
· Do you think the World Wide Web and the Internet now affect political points of view to a greater extent than other media do? Provide a rationale for your position.
Formatthe paper consistent with APA guidelines.