Choose a specific population such as displaced homemakers, former prisoners, disabled, veterans, a minority group, those in career transition, or those who have encountered a crisis such as a lay-off, loss, or change in their health status.
In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words, discuss how a Career Resource Center can assist the chosen population. Include the following in your paper:
Part 1: The Population
- An assessment of the needs of the chosen population.
- How future trends of the labor market may influence the needs of the population
- Potential strengths of the chosen population
Part 2: Services and Career Development Programs
- The services/career development programs the career resource center must provide in order to meet the needs of the chosen population.
- How the service/programs will meet those needs.
Part 3: Career Counselors
The ethical guidelines the counselors employed at the career center will be required to follow.
- The credentials required for career counselors at the resource center.
Include at least four scholarly references in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.