Case Study on Margarita
Select one of the pragmatic approaches�such as cognitive, CBT, and REBT�feminist, multicultural, family systems, or a postmodern approach to describe, analyze, and then apply the theory to the case study of Margarita (attached).
You may also choose one primary theory and integrate concepts from one other theory. The areas you should focus on when analyzing the theory are listed below.
This APA-style paper should be 6�8 pages (excluding references and title page), so select the information carefully, using the most relevant and applicable.
1. Brief description of the theory’s origin (background, how was it developed, who created it) and basic philosophies (its view of human nature, theory of change, view of psychopathology, the role of the counselor).
2. How this theory aligns with your own philosophy, values, and views of the therapeutic process.
3. An evaluation of the research evidence supporting this theory, with an example of a current study.
4. The appropriateness of this theory for diverse populations.
� Theoretical Application
1. Goals you will work on with Margarita (make sure the goals align with the chosen therapeutic approach).
2. Interventions and techniques you will use with Margarita, based on your theoretically established goals. Be very specific. Assume that you will have up to three sessions with her.
3. Cultural considerations you will keep in mind while using this therapeutic approach with Margarita.
4. Strengths and limitations of using this theory with Margarita.
� Technical Requirements
1. References: You must have a minimum of 5 scholarly resources. All references must be from peer-reviewed academic journals, and should be no more than 10 years old.
You must use proper APA style to list your references.
2. Length of paper: The body of the paper must be 6�8 pages, not including the reference lists, abstract, or the title page.
3. Written communication: Develop accurate written communication and thoughts that convey the overall goals of the project and do not detract from the overall message. Your paper should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills.
4. Formatting: Use APA (6th edition) formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double-spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no skipped lines before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, one inch margins all around, and no bullets.
5. Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point