Case Project Analysis and Questions
The case project for this course is case #8 – Panera: C-162. Note: Read this case, begin the research by finding/reading the last four annual reports , and start working on this analysis ASAP.
Include the following in your caseanalysis:
· Cover page.
· One page abstract of the case.
Answer the following questions in full detail (minimum of 3 pages per question, i.e. question #1 must be a minimum of 3 pages, as is the same requirement for each question number–the final paper is typically 25+ pages) using the caseas a base and updating all information through research:
1. Discuss the distinguishing features (Market size, Market growth rate, Industry strength, etc.) of the industry.
2. Discuss the competition within the industry. Who are the main players? How intense is the rivalry? How attractive is the industry? What factorsare critical to competing successfully in the industry? Porter’s Model of Competition must be used in this section
3. Discuss how the industry is changing?
4. What is this organization’s strategy to compete? Is the strategy working? Perform a complete SWOT(minimum of ten components for element of SWOT, along with the identification and justification of the Ultimate Threat).
5. Perform a financial analysis based on all current information available. Include in this analysis, a full comparison of Panera’s financials to their top three publically traded competitors.
6. Provide your recommendations (a minimum of ten) and a plan of action.
7. Note: The analysis for this casemust be performed with current information; the caseis simply background information. Current information that must be reviewed: Current Annual Report, Current News, Current Research (beyond simple “internet search”), etc…
8. Document all sources properly (APA style is required–this is not an option), failure to do so, results in a plagiarized paper, and the resulting grade is an F (zero points)–refer to the student dishonesty section of the syllabus. Make sure all sources are verified and acceptable—example: