In today’s workplace, it is less common to find overt or blatant examples of racism or sexism than it was 50 years ago. However, discrimination cases continue to be filed, and often these complaints contain the phrases disparate treatment or disparate impact.
Discuss the following:
- What is the difference between disparate treatment and disparate impact as they apply to employment practices?
- What is the relationship between protected classes of people and the concept of disparate impact?
- Provide an example of an employment practice that can be described as having a disparate impact, and include who would be affected by this practice.
- In your opinion, how far has the U.S. workplace come in terms of reducing discrimination in its hiring, promotion, and other employment practices?
- What further changes (if any) would you like to see?
Please list all references and no previous submitted post thank you