Assignment 3 – Developing a Vision, Mission, Goal and Objectives
This assignment will build on the previous two and in it, you will develop a vision and mission for your program. You will demonstrate an understanding of how a vision and mission connect program objectives and outcomes to social work values. You will state proposed objectives, outcomes, and evaluation measures for your program.
Now that you have identified the issue you will address and what type of program/intervention/evaluation will be used, developing a vision and mission will further focus where the attention of efforts should be. For this assignment, you will submit a 5-page paper that includes the following:
- An analysis of the literature about vision and mission statements, their purpose and uses.
- Develop the mission and vision for your program and discuss how this encompasses the values that will guide the work.
- Provide at least two objectives that would follow from this vision and mission.
- Identify at least two outcomes for each of these objectives.
- Design criteria that would logically be used to assess the outcomes and what evaluation method would be used to measure the outcomes.
Please use the adjoining worksheet to help you develop the vision, mission, goal and objectives for your program. As you go through the steps of the worksheet, reflect on your own program ideas and use the guiding questions to help you further develop your program and the completion of Assignment 3.