Assignment 3: 10 Cs for Writing Effectively
Review the email to Bobby Johnson found in Chapter 5 under the heading: “Choosing a Channel” in your textbook.
• Write a three to four (3-4) page paper that answers the following:
• Identify the communication problems with the email.
• Using the 10 Cs for Writing Effectively, rewrite the email.
Include: content, completeness, correctness, clarity, coherence, conciseness, connection, creativity, courtesy, and closure.
• Identify which Cs you used where and how that changed the email in terms of the effectiveness.
• Identify the strategies used for composing a more effective message.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
• Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format in a Microsoft Word document.
• Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
• In addition to the three to four (3-4) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your
name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
Note: You will be graded on the quality of your answers, the logic/organization of the report, your language skills, and your writing skills.
TO: Bobby Johnson
SUBJECT: Retirement Party
Hello everyone. As you know Joe Banyon is retiring next month. I’ve been asked by some of his friends to arrange a little farewell party in his honour.
The date is Friday, 6 p.m. at City Café, and we hope you can make it.
We would like to give him a gift certificate. We are asking everyone to contribute. Let me know ASAP.
See you there.