Assignment 1: Code of Conduct Assessment
Due Week 3 and worth 150 points
Refer the following resources to complete this assignment:
Note: The assignments are a series of papers that build upon one another.
- Raytheon’s code of conduct
- Examples of Procurement Fraud
The recent emphasis on ethics in government contracting requires contractors to avoid any conduct that even appears to be unethical. Imagine you are a former contracting officer (CO) turned contractor (you choose your area of expertise) and you just created a new contracting firm.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Provide an explanation of the specific goods and / or services the new contracting firm will provide.
- Evaluate the Raytheon Code of Ethics as to whether it is effective in avoiding any conduct that even appears to be unethical in the type of organization you selected for your product.
- Determine the three (3) most critical clauses in the Raytheon document that aid the company’s avoidance of the appearance of impropriety.
- Determine two (2) additional ethics provision that you would include in your company’s Code of Conduct document based on Raytheon Code of Ethics. Explain the rationale for the inclusion.
- Analyze how your recommended clause sufficiently closes the gap on one (1) potential major ethical breach in the industry to which your product belongs. Note: Be sure to address any areas of concern regarding potential fraud in the contracting process.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.