Analyze a Social Situation Applying Mechanisms of Social Cognition Custom Essay
. Describe a scenario described in bullet point #3 (divorce mediation) that illustrates the principles of social cognition and personology as explained in Fiske, S. T. (2010) Social beings: Core motives in social psychology. Chapter 3 and 4 (you can read it on Google Books).
- Your scenario should focus on how one or more persons entered a new situation, appraised the situation and persons in it, and came to conclusions about one or more of the persons in the situation.
- Choose a situation for a work of a divorce mediator and devise a scenario about where a divorce mediator meets with prospective divorcing couple and how the mediator appraises the social situation and the persons in it.
- Your description should include enough details so you can analyze it and explain how people come to know other people in situations. You can use a real or imagined situation; if the situation is real, be sure not to refer to any company, organization, or even persons by their actual name.
- In your analysis of the scenario, be sure to first give a brief definition of each of the following terms, and then explain how each term applies specifically to the situation you are analyzing.
- Types of errors or biases in attribution
- Social Cognition
- Social motives
- Nonverbal cues
- Good enough understanding
- Include references that refer to the work of at least two the following researchers: Sandra Bem, Stanley Schacter, Harold Kelley, George Kelly, James W. Jones, or Bernard Weiner, as regards the broad topic of personology and social cognition. At least one of your references should come from outside readings.
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.