Talk to an HR Representative at your company Custom Essay
If your company does not have an HR Representative, talk to a friend or family member who works in HR. Find out and record the answers to the questions below. After recording the responses received, provide a paragraph summarizing your thoughts concerning the information you learned and your thoughts relative to how that HR Representative might improve upon his/her knowledge in the field (do not share your thoughts with that HR Representative). This assignment should be no more than three double-spaced pages in length.
- What type of training did you receive in order to perform your job?
- Did you receive training on statutes such as ADA, FMLA, ADEA, and Title VII?
- Which statute do you find yourself dealing with most often?
- Describe the most challenging employee problem you had to deal with related to one of those statutes, and how was it resolved (omit the name(s) of the employees)?
- What is the most common/routine type of employee relation issue you have to deal with?
- Do you interact with legal counsel, either house counsel (in-house), hired outside counsel to represent the company, or opposing counsel representing the employee? Which ones and how often?
- What dispute resolution mechanisms does your company utilize when trying to resolve employee relation concerns?
If you could give one piece of job advice to a new HR Representative on how to best handle their new responsibilities, what would it be?
Place an order of a custom essay for this assignment with us now. You are guaranteed; a custom premium paper being delivered within its deadline, personalized customer support and communication with your writer through out the order preparation period.