61. The European Union has expanded to a ____-nation alliance.
62. Which of the following has a goal to guide the nations of the world toward free trade and open markets?
63. The ____ is a single European currency that replaced 16national currencies and unify a huge marketplace.
64. Which organization originated and supports the idea of small businesses operating on a global level?
65. Which of the following companies place an emphasis on their home countries?
66. All of the following are components of cultural intelligence, EXCEPT:
|e.||All of these|
67. Which of the following refers to the frustration and anxiety that result from constantly being subjected to strange and unfamiliar cues about what to do and how to do it?
68. Which of these is a low-context culture?
69. All of the following are considered emerging economies EXCEPT:
70. The extent to which trade and investments, information, social and cultural ideas, and political cooperation flow between countries is called:
71. Creative Coverings is a small interior design company owned and managed by Lisa Smith. Since the company was established seven years ago, Lisa has only worked with clients near her hometown in Maryland. Creative Coverings fits into which stage of globalization?
72. Exporting, licensing, and direct investing are called __________ strategies because they represent alternative ways to sell products and services in foreign markets.
73. For the past several years, foreign companies have invested more in business in ________ than in any other place in the world.
74. With its large English-speaking population, _______ has numerous companies offering services such as call-center operations, data-processing, computer programming, and technical support.
75. A.R.C. is a large non-profit humanitarian aid organization that has been forced to pull out of several African markets in recent years due to civil wars and large-scale violence. This demonstrates which frequently cited problem for international companies?
76. Jana has a high tolerance for the unstructured, the unclear, and the unpredictable. She can best be described as having:
|a.||High uncertainty avoidance|
|b.||Low uncertainty avoidance|
|c.||High degree of individualism|
|d.||Low degree of individualism|
|e.||Low level of power distance|
77. Kim, a Japanese expatriate working in Denmark, tends to use communication primarily to build personal social relationships. She feels that relationships and trust are more important than business. Kim is surprised that her business associates in Denmark do not share the same views. Based on this information, Kim most likely grew up in what type of culture?
78. Sam is known by his colleagues as a great communicator, with an uncanny ability to shift speech patterns, expressions, and body language to be in tune with people from different cultures. Based on this example, Sam is strong in which component of cultural intelligence?
79. In 2010, which of the following countries formed a free trade area with the ten countries that make up the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)?
80. ________ is a concept that proposes that corporations can alleviate poverty and other social ills by selling to the world’s poorest people.
|a.||Cream of the crop|
|b.||Skimming the barrel|
|c.||Bottom of the pyramid|
|d.||Top of the peak|
81. The Digitec company has recently decided to design and manufacture a laptop that retails for under $50, in an effort to make information technology available to people in places like rural Africa and rural India. This is known as what type of strategy?
|a.||Bottom of the pyramid strategy|
|b.||Skimming the barrel strategy|
|c.||Cream of the crop strategy|
|d.||Top of the peak strategy|
|e.||Base price strategy|
82. The phases of globalization are:
|a.||domestic, international, multinational, and global|
|b.||global, multinational, international, and democratic|
|c.||domestic, international, multinational, and multidomestic|
|d.||cottage, domestic, international, and multinational|
|e.||domestic, cottage, international, and global|
83. In the ____ stage, companies may be in the competitive positioning stage of globalization.
84. Cultural sensitivity is least important in the ____ stage of corporate international development.