51. ____ is the last step in the decision making process.
|a.||Evaluation and feedback|
|b.||Development of alternatives|
|c.||Implementation of chosen alternative|
|d.||Selection of desired requirement|
|e.||Recognition of decision requirement|
52. “When did it occur” and “how did it occur” are questions associated with which step of the decision making process?
|a.||Diagnosis and analysis of causes|
|b.||Recognition of decision requirement|
|c.||Development of alternatives|
|d.||Selection of desired alternative|
|e.||None of these|
53. The recognition of the decision requirement step in the managerial decision making process requires managers to
|a.||develop alternative solutions.|
|b.||integrate information in novel ways.|
|c.||use the classical model of decision making.|
|d.||focus on generating ideas.|
|e.||select undesirable alternatives.|
54. The decision-maker must ____ once the problem has been recognized and analyzed.
|a.||evaluate and provide feedback|
|b.||choose among alternatives|
|d.||prioritize the alternatives|
|e.||reanalyze the problem|
55. For a programmed decision,
|a.||alternatives are usually difficult to identify.|
|b.||alternatives are usually easy to identify.|
|c.||there are usually few alternatives.|
|d.||there are usually few alternatives and they are difficult to identify.|
|e.||there are no alternatives.|
56. Ryan is a manager at Dream Catchers. Dream Catchers is currently operating in an environment of high uncertainty. As a result, Ryan will
|a.||likely be making programmed decisions.|
|b.||probably have an easy time generating alternatives.|
|c.||probably have a difficult time generating alternatives.|
|d.||likely rely on the classical model of decision making.|
|e.||wait until environment becomes certain.|
57. Once the desired alternative is developed, it should be
58. Which of the following refers to the willingness to undertake risk with the opportunity to increase one’s return?
|e.||Ineffective investment philosophy|
59. The ____ step in the decision making process involves using managerial, administrative, and persuasive abilities to translate the chosen alternative into action.
60. Feedback is important because
|a.||decision making is a continuous process.|
|b.||it provides decision-makers with new information.|
|c.||it helps determine if a new decision needs to be made.|
|d.||it provides decision-makers with new information and it helps determine if a new decision needs to be made.|
|e.||all of these.|
61. Genna is collecting data on how well the organization has done since their new strategy was implemented. She is in what stage of the managerial decision making process?
|a.||The generation of alternatives|
|b.||Implementation of the chosen alternative|
|c.||Evaluation and feedback|
|d.||Recognition of the decision requirement|
|e.||Selection of desired alternative|
62. Which style is used by people who prefer simple, clear-cut solutions to problems?
63. Personal ____ style refers to differences among people with respect to how they perceive problems and make decisions.
64. Managers are considered as having ____ style, when they like to consider complex solutions based on as much data as they can gather.
65. Which of these styles is adopted by managers having a deep concern for others as individuals?
66. People with a(n) ____ style usually are concerned with the personal development of others and may make decisions that help others achieve their goals.
67. All of the following are cognitive biases that can affect manager’s judgment EXCEPT
|a.||being influenced by initial impressions.|
|b.||justifying past decisions.|
|c.||seeing what you don’t want to see.|
|d.||perpetuating the status quo.|
68. The ability to make ____ decisions is a critical skill in today’s fast-moving organizations.
|e.||all of these|
69. According to Spotlight on Skills in Chapter 6, which of the following is not an idea for applying evidence-based decision making?
|b.||Perform secondary research.|
|c.||Do a postmortem review.|
|d.||Balance decisiveness and humility.|
|e.||Practice the five whys.|
70. Which of the following defines a technique that uses a face-to-face group to spontaneously suggest a broad range of alternatives for decision making?