41. ____ refers to a value characterized by people’s intolerance for uncertainty and ambiguity and resulting support for beliefs that promise certainty and conformity.
|e.||None of these|
42. Which of these reflects a cultural preference for cooperation, group decision making, and quality of life?
43. One of Hofstede’s social values that was developed later is
44. Recent research by the GLOBE project has extended ____ research and offered new insights for managers.
45. All of the following are cultural dimensions as defined by the GLOBE Project, EXCEPT:
46. In countries where women are often in positions of high status, the Globe Project would describe that culture as high in ____.
47. A country that places emphasis on fairness and values kindness would be described by the Globe Project as high in ____.
48. According to Spotlight on Skills in Chapter 3, what does the gesture of scratching one’s head usually mean in Russia?
|b.||“I am listening carefully.”|
|c.||“I want to get to know you better.”|
|d.||“I’m confused or skeptical.”|
49. According to Spotlight on Skills in Chapter 3, one of the most universal gestures is:
|a.||Arm up, shaking back and forth (waving)|
|b.||Scratching your chin (thinking)|
|c.||A smile (happiness or politeness)|
|d.||Closing your eyes (boredom)|
|e.||A pat on the back (congratulations)|
50. Which of the following is defined as a culture in which communication is used to enhance personal relationships?
51. Which of the following countries possesses a high degree of assertiveness?
52. Which of the following countries possesses a low degree of gender differentiation?
53. Which of the following countries possesses a high performance orientation?
54. Countries that use several languages
|c.||are likely to have high uncertainty avoidance.|
|d.||have linguistic pluralism.|
55. In a(n) ____, people use communication primarily to exchange facts and information.
56. A ____ interaction requires more time because a relationship has to be developed, and trust and friendship must be established.
7. A cultural attitude marked by the tendency to regard one’s own culture as superior to others is called
|e.||none of these.|
58. When organization managers have a(n) ____ attitude, they value employees as an end in themselves.
59. When organization managers have a(n) ____ attitude, they treat employees as resources to be used.
60. How many nations signed on for negotiation when GATT was created in 1947?