1. List four major physical changes that occur at puberty.
2. List three ways that physical changes at puberty can influence psychological and social development.
3. Give two examples of consequences of early-maturing for girls and for boys.
4. What are four new conceptual skills that emerge during the stage of formal operational thought? (
5. Describe two characteristics of adolescent egocentrism that may affect social interaction and
problem solving. What is one possible result of each? (
6. What are four environmental conditions that promote the development of formal operational thought?
7. What are three reasons that depressed mood is a special concern in adolescence? 1)
8. What are four risk factors associated with adolescent suicide? (
9. What are four factors that are likely to influence popularity and peer acceptance in early adolescence?
10. What are three components of motivation that influence the transition to coitus in adolescence?
11. Define the three cognitive processes that support the formation of group identity. (
12. Give four examples of the effects associated with alcohol consumption. (